8 Days Uganda Rwanda safari (Gorillas, wildlife and Lake Kivu)
8 Days Uganda Rwanda safari: This 8 days Uganda Rwanda Gorillas, wildlife and Lake Kivu safari includes Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale forest national park, wildlife viewing in Queen Elizabeth national park, mountain gorilla trekking in Bwindi impenetrable national park Uganda and Volcanoes national park Rwanda and exploration of Lake Kivu in Gisenyi Rwanda making it a combined Uganda and Rwanda safari tours. This 8 days Uganda Rwanda gorillas, wildlife and Lake Kivu safari starts from Kampala Uganda and ends in Kigali Rwanda.
Highlights of 8 Days Uganda Rwanda safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park
- Day 2: Game drive in Kasenyi plains and boat on Kazinga channel in Queen Elizabeth national park
- Day 3: Game drive in Ishasha and transfer to Bwindi impenetrable national park
- Day 4: Mountain gorilla trekking Uganda in Bwindi impenetrable national park
- Day 5: Transfer to Volcanoes national park Rwanda
- Day 6: Mountain gorilla trekking Rwanda in Volcanoes national park
- Day 7: Transfer to Gisenyi
- Day 8: Transfer to Kigali for departures
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park
- Transfer from Kampala to Queen Elizabeth national park: On day 1 of 8 days Uganda Rwanda gorillas, wildlife and Lake Kivu safari, you will be picked from your hotel in Kampala or direct from Entebbe international airport then start your journey to the western part of Uganda. You will enjoy an enroute lunch along the way proceed with your journey to Queen Elizabeth national park one of the most visited savanna park in Uganda the pearl of Africa that is famously known due to the existence of tree climbing lions and a huge concentration of crocodiles along the kazinga channel. Upon arrival at the park, you will proceed to check-in at the lodge, have your dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Game drive in Kasenyi plains and boat on Kazinga channel in Queen Elizabeth national park
- Game drive and boat cruise: On day 2 of 8 Days Uganda Rwanda safari, arise early in the morning for breakfast then meet your safari driver-guide for a game drive in kasenyi plains which is the most attractive part of Queen Elizabeth national park that harbor plenty of wildlife species. Among the wildlife seen on a game drive include; Elephants, lions, buffaloes, leopards, antelopes, Uganda kob, among others. As soon as the game drive ends, return for lunch at the lodge then later in the afternoon be driven to Kazinga channel to spend your afternoon on an eye-catching sighting as you cruise on the kazinga channel. Be ready to watch a huge population of crocodiles, hippos, elephants, buffaloes, and plenty of water birds among others.
Day 3: Game drive in Ishasha and transfer to Bwindi impenetrable national park
- Game drive in Ishasha sector: Have a cup of coffee or anything prepared for breakfast on day 3 of 8 days Uganda Rwanda gorillas, wildlife and Lake Kivu safari then check out with packed lunch and start the journey with your safari driver to Ishasha sector of Queen Elizabeth national park where you will enjoy a thrilling game drive in a home of tree climbing lions. During game drive, you will actually encounter with plenty of other wildlife including elephants, Uganda kob, lions, and other mammals that thrill in this sector of the park. After the game drive, enjoy a picnic lunch or you may even visit any nearby hotel within Ishasha sector for a hot meal then exit Queen Elizabeth national park and be driven to Bwindi impenetrable national park in the far south western part of Uganda with in Kisoro district. Expect to arrive at the park late in the evening, have your dinner served and spend an overnight.
Day 4: Mountain gorilla trekking Uganda in Bwindi impenetrable national park
- Mountain gorilla trekking: Have an early breakfast on day 4 of 8 days Uganda Rwanda gorillas, wildlife and Lake Kivu safari, the be driven to the park headquarters to have a briefing before starting the search of habituated mountain gorilla family in the impenetrable forest of Bwindi. All you require on this day is to be fit, pack snacks, drinking water, and wear your best gorilla trekking gear and you will surely enjoy this adventurous trek in a home to the largest population of still surviving endangered mountain gorillas in the entire world. The entire trek will take about 2 hours to 8 hours depending on how fast the gorillas move and the speed of trekkers. Spend one hour with gorillas and return to park headquarters for a certificate before returning to your lodge for dinner and overnight. You have an option of batwa experience in the evening after gorillas.
Day 5: Transfer to Volcanoes national park Rwanda
- Transfer to Volcanoes national park: Enjoy a relaxed breakfast at the comfort of your lodge on day 5 of 8 days Uganda Rwanda gorillas, wildlife and Lake Kivu safari then check out and start the journey from Uganda to cross over in to Rwanda via Cyanika border where you will cleared and obtain a Rwanda visa in case you dint buy an East African visa. While in Rwanda, you will enjoy a stunning view of rolling hill, encounter with the local Rwandese and many other unique attractions different from those seen in Uganda. You will truly spot a difference between two neighboring East African countries. After border crossing, you will be transferred to Volcanoes national park where you will check in for dinner and take rest.
Day 6: Mountain gorilla trekking Rwanda in Volcanoes national park
- Mountain gorilla trekking in Volcanoes national park: On day 6 of 8 days Uganda Rwanda gorillas, wildlife and Lake Kivu safari, you have a 2nd gorilla trek and this time round in Rwanda the land of a thousand hills. This will start in the morning with a briefing at Kiningi park headquarters then start the search for gorillas in their natural habitats. One hour is always a guarantee in the presence of mountain gorillas at least at 7m distance. However, in case you are not in for a Rwanda gorilla trek after encountering them in Uganda, there are a lot of optional activities such as Golden monkey trekking, Volcano hike, Dian Fossey’s grave hike, among others. Just let us know the best activity that suits your heart desires.
Day 7: Transfer to Gisenyi
- Transfer to Gisenyi: Early in the morning on day 7 of 8 Days Uganda Rwanda safari, you will be served with breakfast then check out and start the drive from Volcanoes national park Kiningi/Ruhengeri and head to Gisenyi along the shores of lake kivu where you will check in for lunch then spend the remaining hours of the day at the shores of Lake Kivu. Enjoy plenty of beach activities including swimming, boat cruise, nature walk among others or opt to just chill and watch the stunning view of the islands, Mount Nyiragongo, and enjoy the cool breath. Later in the evening, return to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 8: Transfer to Kigali for departures
- Transfer to Kigali: This is the last day of your 8 days Uganda Rwanda safari. Wake up on a relaxed breakfast at the beach on Lake Kivu, then check out and be driven from Gisenyi with an enroute visit to Gisenyi genocide memorial sites and other fascinating attractions along the way to Kigali. Upon arrival in Kigali, you will enjoy your meal then embark on Kigali city tour one of the activity that you ought never to miss out while on a Rwanda tour and the finally destination will be a drop-off at Kigali international airport for departures.
End of 8 Days Uganda Rwanda gorillas, wildlife and Lake Kivu Safari