7 Days Gorilla Trek, Lake Bunyonyi and Wildlife Tour
7 Days Gorilla Trek, Lake Bunyonyi and Wildlife Tour has you enjoying the thrilling gorilla trekking adventure in Bwindi, canoe riding in the beautiful and relaxing Lake Bunyonyi, game viewing in Queen Elizabeth National Park where you will also have a launch cruise on Kazinga channel. This tour is fit for travelers after gorilla trekking as well as wildlife viewing in Uganda.
Tour Summary of 7 Days Gorilla Trek, Lake Bunyonyi and Wildlife Tour
- Day 1: Pick-up and Transfer to Lake Bunyonyi
- Day 2: Canoe Ride and Islands Tour
- Day 3: Transfer to Bwindi, Community Tour
- Day 4: Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi
- Day 5: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park, afternoon Launch cruise
- Day 6: Game drive, Afternoon at leisure
- Day 7: Transfer to Kampala and Departure
Day 1: Pick-up and Transfer to Lake Bunyonyi
- Pick-up: On this first day of your 7 Days Gorilla Trek, Lake Bunyonyi, and Wildlife Tour, you will be picked up by our driver guide from your hotel/apartment. He will brief you about your tour and after which, you will proceed for a transfer to Lake Bunyonyi known to many as the Switzerland of Africa. You will make a stopover at the Equator for a polar water experiment and photography, and also buy some crafts at the craft shops within.
- Transfer to Lake Bunyonyi: You will proceed with the drive and make a lunch stopover in Mbarara town. Thereafter, you will drive farther to Lake Bunyonyi. Enjoy the beautiful scenery and great views of Mount Muhabura on a sunny day. Check in at your lodge of stay, relax as you await dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 2: Canoe Ride and Islands Tour
- Canoe Ride & Islands Tour: You will wake up to a sumptuous breakfast at the lodge. Enjoy it leisurely as you watch the many beautiful birds flying around. After, go out for a canoe ride that will have you bird watching and tour the 37 islands of this place. This can take almost the whole day. Lunch, dinner and an overnight stay at the lodge.
Day 3: Transfer to Bwindi, Community Tour
- Transfer to Bwindi: This third day of your 7 Days Gorilla Trek, Lake Bunyonyi and Wildlife Tour has you enjoying breakfast at the lodge leisurely. Thereafter, proceed for a transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, the home to over 40 gorilla families. The drive takes about 2.5hours and is very scenic with lots of primates to see en-route say monkeys and baboons, as well as various bird species. You will reach in the park just in time for lunch.
- Community Tour: After lunch, you will have a community tour where you will have an opportunity to take part in the various activities of the locals say making handicrafts, making local brew, visiting a local school, among so many others.
- Later, you’ll return to the lodge for dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 4: Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi
- Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi: On this 4th day of your 7 Days Gorilla Trek, Lake Bunyonyi and Wildlife tour, you will wake up to an early breakfast at the lodge and thereafter head out to the park headquarters from where you will meet other trekkers. You will be briefed by the park officials, and then given rules and guidelines to follow. You will then be placed in groups of 8 and then allocated a gorilla group to trek. At 8am in the morning, you will embark on a mind-blowing and thrilling gorilla trekking in Bwindi experience. The trek can take anytime between 2-6 hours or more depending on the location of the gorillas and the terrain. During the trek, look out for other primates like monkeys and chimpanzees, as well as bush pigs, forest elephants, among so many others. once you encounter the gorillas, you will spend one hour with them. You may take pictures and make videos of the gorillas as they feed, play, nap, groom each other or make nests where they will spend the night. After the allocated time is elapsed, you will trek away from the gorillas and then enjoy your packed lunch in the jungle. Once at the park headquarters, you will receive your gorilla certificate and then be transferred back to the lodge from where you will spend the rest of the evening resting as you await dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 5: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park, afternoon Launch cruise
- Transfer to Queen: After early morning breakfast at the lodge, you will proceed to check out and transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park. The drive Is approximately 4 hours and it is very rewarding. You will reach Queen Elizabeth National Park via the Ishasha sector that is most famous for the tree-climbing lions. You will see a number of them along the way as well as other park animals like kobs that they love to feast on. You will arrive at the lodge just in time for lunch. After checking in and enjoying your lunch at the lodge, you will go out for an afternoon launch cruise on the Kazinga Channel that links Lakes Edward and George.
- afternoon Launch cruise: During the 2-hour launch cruise, you will see a number of waterbirds and water animals like hippos and crocodiles. At the shores, you will see elephants, kobs, buffaloes among others taking an afternoon drink. After an enjoyable afternoon on the Kazinga channel, you will return to the lodge on an evening game drive that will have you seeing animals like elephants, buffaloes, antelopes, warthogs, bushbucks, among loads of others that will be retiring for the day. Once at the lodge, enjoy a dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 6: Game drive, Afternoon at leisure
- Game drive, Afternoon at leisure: After an early cup of tea or coffee at the lodge, you will go for an early morning game drive in the park. You will see among others lions, leopards, hyenas, jackals as they return from their nocturnal activities, as well as other animals as they go out at the start of the day. Birds as well as plant life in the park cannot be missed. Your driver-guide will be in a position to take you through the most wildlife rewarding trails. You will return to the lodge and have a late sumptuous breakfast. The rest of the day will be spent at leisure. Lunch, dinner, and overnight stay at the lodge.
Day 7: Transfer to Kampala and Departure
- Transfer to Kampala and Departure: On this last day of your 7 Days Gorilla trek, Lake Bunyonyi and Wildlife tour, you will have a sumptuous breakfast at the lodge. After, check out and enjoy yet another game drive as you leave the park. You will have a lunch stopover at a selected restaurant en-route as you transfer to Kampala. You will then proceed with your drive and be transferred back to your hotel/apartment in Kampala or to the airport for your departure flight.
End of 7 Days Gorilla Trek, Lake Bunyonyi and Wildlife Tour
- Gorilla permit
- Transportation to and from the airport and during the safari
- Services of an English speaking driver-guide
- En-route lunches
- All park entrance fees and activities in the itinerary
- Full board accommodation
- Bottled drinking water in the tour vehicle
- Air ticket
- Tips and souvenirs
- Extra activities not included in the itinerary
- Personal expenses like laundry, telephone, cigarettes etc.