4 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking and Mount Sabinyo hiking safari
4 Days Uganda gorilla trekking and mount Sabinyo hiking safari is yet one of the short but fascinating Uganda safari that takes adventurous travelers to Mgahinga gorilla national park for an adventurous Nyakagezi gorilla family trekking and a thrilling Mount Sabyinyo hike. Mount Sabyinyo obtained its name from the nature of the mountain which looks like the Old man’s teeth known as “Sabyinyo” which is situated at an elevation of 3,645m above the sea level and shared between three countries that all harbor the endangered mountain gorillas including Uganda in Mgahinga gorilla national park, Democratic Republic of Congo in Virunga national park and Rwanda in Volcanoes national park all situated in Virunga massif. In fact Mount Sabyinyo is amongst the 8 volcanoes located in Virunga massif but the best way to hike it is through Ugandan side which offers the best attractions to see unlike a hike from Rwanda and DRC. This 4 Days Uganda gorilla trekking and mount Sabinyo hiking safari includes 4 days and 3 nights starting and ending in Kampala Uganda though it can also start and end in Rwanda or start from one of the two countries and end in the other country depending on the traveler’s interest.
Highlights of 4 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking and Mount Sabinyo hiking safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Mgahinga Gorilla national park
- Day 2: Nyakagezi gorilla family trekking in Mgahinga gorilla national park
- Day 3: Hike mount sabinyo in Mgahinga gorilla national park
- Day 4: Drive back to Kampala
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer to Mgahinga gorilla national park
- Transfer to Mgahinga gorilla national park: On day 1 of 4 days Uganda gorilla trekking and mt Sabinyo hiking safari, you will wake as early as possible and be ready to be picked by our company representative who is your safari driver that will take you to the most visited destination in Uganda and a home to the endangered mountain gorillas. You have to stopovers along the one way one being at the Equator for photo taking and another stopover will be at Igongo cultural hotel in Mbarara city for your lunch break. The journey is a long one but the attractions along the way including the people, the farms, hills and many other stunning encounters make this long journey very adventurous than one would ever imagine. Upon arrival at Mgahinga national park, you will check in your lodge, have dinner served and spend an overnight.
- Meal plan: Lunch and dinner
Day 2: Nyakagezi gorilla family trekking in Mgahinga gorilla national park
- Nyakagezi gorilla family trekking: Breakfast will be served as early as possible on day 2 of 4 days Uganda gorilla trekking and mount Sabinyo hiking safari, pack your lunch and drinking water then put on your best gorilla trekking gear including light but long sleeved attire, a cap, sunglasses, waterproof hiking shoes and meet your driver to be driven to the briefing ground where you will be briefed by the safari rangers about the dos and don’ts during gorillas trekking and finally start your journey to look for Nyakagezi gorilla family in its natural habitat in Mgahinga gorilla national park. This will take about 30minutest to 7 hours but the maximum time allowed to spend with the gorilla family is just one hour. After this one hour, you will trek back to the starting point, meet your safari driver and be driven back to your lodge. In case you are in for another activity in the evening, I recommend that you have a batwa trail back in the forest with the local batwa guides.
- Meal plan: breakfast, lunch and dinner
Day 3: Hike mount sabinyo in Mgahinga gorilla national park
- Hike mount Sabyinyo: After breakfast on day 3 of 4 days Uganda gorilla trekking and mt Sabinyo hiking safari, pack enough water that will keep you hydrated while you hike up Mount Sabyinyo, have a lunchbox packed by your lodge then be transferred to Ntebeko for briefing together with other hikers well dressed in an appropriate hiking gear. After the briefing, the journey begins as you ascend Mount Sabyinyo at Ntebeko at early as 8:00 am. During the hike lookout for plenty of wildlife including gorillas, golden monkeys, elephants, and a lot of birds. Upon arrival at the summit, you will spend some time viewing the Crater Lake at the top of the mountain filled with swamp and also have a clear view of the neighboring countries. Descend back to Ntebeko to meet your safari driver who will drive you back to your lodge for relaxation, dinner and overnight.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Day 4: Drive back to Kampala
- Return to Kampala: Enjoy your breakfast in the morning on day 4 of 4 days Uganda gorilla trekking and mount Sabinyo hiking safari then check out and start the long journey from Mgahinga gorilla national park back to Kampala. Lunch will be enjoyed along the way at Igongo cultural hotel in Mbarara city and the journey to Kampala proceeds where you will arrive in Kampala in the evening. While in Kampala, you will be dropped at your communicated drop-off place.
- Meal plan: breakfast and lunch
END OF 4 DAYS UGANDA GORILLA TREKKING AND MOUNT SABYINYO HIKING SAFARI
Inclusive in the safari
- A 4×4 safari vehicle with fuel for ground transportation
- Pick up and drop off in Kampala Uganda
- Uganda gorilla trekking permit
- Mount sabinyo Volcano hiking permit
- An English speaking guide
- Enough drinking water while on your safari
- Ranger fees
- All meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation for 3 nights in Mgahinga gorilla national park as per itinerary
Exclusive in the hiking safari
- Visa and flight air ticket
- Life insurance
- Optional activities
- Additional accommodation
- Other drinks apart from water
- Laundry fees