4 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking and Mount Mgahinga hiking safari
4 Days Uganda Gorilla trekking and Mount Mgahinga hiking safari is one of the most adventurous Uganda safari combining a hike to summit Mount Mgahinga and trekking the endangered mountain gorillas both in Mgahinga gorilla national park which harbors only one habituated mountain gorilla family known as Nyakagezi available for trekking by 8 trekkers per day. Mgahinga Gorilla national park is situated in far south western part of Uganda in border with Virunga national park in Democratic Republic of Congo and Volcanoes national park in Rwanda the land of a thousand hills. This 4 days Uganda safari starts and ends in Kampala Uganda.
Highlights of 4 Days Uganda Gorilla trekking and Mount Mgahinga hiking safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Mgahinga Gorilla national park
- Day 2: Mountain gorilla trekking in Mgahinga gorilla national park
- Day 2: Hike mount Mgahinga in Mgahinga gorilla national park
- Day 3: Drive back to Kampala
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer to Mgahinga Gorilla national park
- Transfer to Mgahinga national park: On day 1 of 4 days Uganda gorilla trekking and Mount Mgahinga hiking safari, you ought to wake up as early as possible in the morning and be prepared to be picked by our company representative from your hotel either in Kampala or Entebbe and start the long journey to the western part of Uganda. The journey is indeed long but very rewarding as you drive past the thrilling vegetation cover, farmlands within Mbarara and Ntungamo, and view the rolling hills of kigezi in Kabale and Kisoro district. Along the way, you will stopover at the equator which is always the stopover for almost every tourist heading to the western part of Uganda then have another stopover in Mbarara city for lunch at Igongo cultural hotel and finally be driven direct to Mgahinga gorilla national park where you will check in your booked hotel for dinner and overnight.
- Meal plan: Lunch and dinner
Day 2: Mountain gorilla trekking in Mgahinga gorilla national park
- Uganda gorilla trekking in Mgahinga gorilla national park: After breakfast on day 2 of 4 days Uganda gorilla trekking and Mount Mgahinga hiking safari, pack some snacks, drinking water and wear your best gorilla trekking gear to be transferred to the park headquarters for a briefing. After the briefing, ensure that you hire a porter who will assist you in carrying the backpack making your trek less tiresome. The trek starts at 8:00am after briefing and it takes about 30 minutes to 7 hours to find the Nyakagezi gorilla family depending on how far it has moved since gorillas are found of roaming the park in search of food. Well, upon finding this gorilla family, you are allowed to closely view and taking photographs but ensure that your camera flashlight and sound are turned off. Once an hour is done, start the trek back to the starting point to meet your safari driver who will return you to the lodge for lunch. There is an optional evening activity, the batwa trail that will take you back into the forest while teaching and explain all that they used to do in the forest before they were forced out by the government.
- Meal plan: breakfast, lunch and dinner
Day 3: Hike mount Mgahinga in Mgahinga gorilla national park
- Hike mount Mgahinga (Ascend and descend): After breakfast on day 3 of 4 days Uganda gorilla trekking and Mount Mgahinga hiking safari, pack al that you require for a memorable hiking adventure which include; the lunch box, drinking water, insect repellant, a rain jacket then wear your best hiking attire including sun glasses, a cap, long sleeve attire, light but water proof hiking boats and meet your safari driver to be returned to the park headquarters for a briefing about the Mountain hiking experience in Uganda, the dos and don’ts while hiking and the possible encounters along the way. The briefing starts as early as 7:00am in the morning and during the briefing, remember to hire a porter who will greatly assist you in carrying the backpack and even offering a pull and push while on a hike. After briefing, you start ascending mount Mgahinga which stands at an elevation of 3,472m high above the sea level and is one of the 8 volcanic mountains situated in Virunga massif. The most reason for hiking Mount Mgahinga is to watch the caldera swampy lake situated at the top of Mgahinga Mountain. During the hike, be sure to encounter with wildlife species that thrill in Mgahinga gorilla national park including Gorillas, golden monkeys, other mammals, birds and the view of the neighboring volcanoes and national park in the nearby countries. This is a one day hike so you will ascend and descend back to meet your driver who will return you to the lodge for dinner and overnight sleep.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch and dinner
Day 4: Drive back to Kampala
- Return to Kampala: After an early breakfast at your hotel in Mgahinga gorilla national park, check out of lodge and start the last day on your 4 days Uganda gorilla trekking and Mount Mgahinga hiking safari with a road drive back to Kampala with an enroute lunch at Igongo cultural hotel in Mbarara. Upon arrival in Kampala, you will either choose to stay overnight in Kampala or be driven direct to Entebbe international airport for check in to catch your night flight back home.
- Meal plan: Breakfast and lunch
END OF 4 DAYS UGANDA GORILLA TREKKING AND MOUNT MGAHIKI HIKE
Inclusive in 4 days Uganda safari
- Pick up and drop in Kampala
- A 4×4 safari vehicle with fuel for ground transportation
- An English speaking safari guide
- Uganda gorilla trekking permit
- Mount Mgahinga volcano hiking permit
- All meals stated in the Itinerary
- Accommodation as per Itinerary for 3 nights
- Enough bottled drinking water
Exclusive in 4 days Uganda safari
- International travel visa and air ticket
- Additional accommodation
- Optional activities
- Life insurance
- Laundry fees
- Other drinks apart from water