4 Days Uganda Double Gorilla Trekking Safari in Bwindi
4 days Uganda double gorilla trekking safari in Bwindi is one of your dream come true itinerary that takes you to the wilderness of Bwindi impenetrable national park to trek endangered mountain gorilla twice in one safari. Bwindi impenetrable national park is situated far southwestern part of Uganda where the largest population of the surviving endangered mountain gorillas are being protected in their natural habitat with in the impenetrable forest making it the best destination to visit for either gorilla trekking or gorilla habituation experience. This 4 days Uganda double gorilla trekking safari in Bwindi starts and ends in Kampala Uganda though tourists can also start their safari in Kigali Rwanda and end it in Uganda or start from Uganda and end in Rwanda or even start and end in Kigali Rwanda. Whichever way one chooses still the 4 days Uganda double gorilla trekking safari in Bwindi will be enjoyable and unforgettable. The only challenge is that if the safari starts from Kampala, the tourist must spend an overnight in the hotel with in Kampala or land at Entebbe international airport as early as 8:00 am to create time for a long drive to Bwindi. However for tourists from Kigali Rwanda, one can arrive at the airport on the same day and be driven to Bwindi at the same day at ease.
Highlights of 4 days Uganda Double gorilla trekking safari in Bwindi
- Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi impenetrable national park
- Day 2: 1st gorilla trekking in Bwindi impenetrable national park
- Day 3: 2nd gorilla trekking in Bwindi impenetrable national park
- Day 4: Drive back to Kampala
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi impenetrable national park
- Transfer to Bwindi impenetrable national park: On day 1 of 4 days Uganda double gorilla trekking safari in Bwindi, you need to wake very early in the morning and prepare yourself for pick by our company representative who is also your safari driver from your hotel with in Kampala or Entebbe. By 8:00 am, you are expected to be on the road already heading to southwestern Uganda which is a long-distance drive approximately 11hours. Along the way, you will be stopped at the equator which is always the main stopover for almost every tourist heading to western part of Uganda. At the equator, you will take photographs standing at the equator line and perfume some experiments if time allows. There are also some crafts sold at the equator so you may buy some. From the equator, the next stopover will be in Mbarara city for a lunch break at Igongo cultural hotel and the last stop will be in Kisoro at Bwindi impenetrable national park where you will check in for dinner and overnight.
- Meal plan: Lunch & dinner
Day 2: 1st gorilla trekking in Bwindi impenetrable national park
- 1st gorilla trek: Breakfast is the first thing to do very early in the morning on day 1 of 4 days Uganda gorilla trekking safari. After breakfast, pack enough water for drinking to keep you hydrated and some snacks to munch on then meet your Uganda safari driver to be driven to the assembly point for a pre gorilla trekking briefing where you will be told about the important things to do and not to do while in the home of gorillas in Bwindi impenetrable national park. After briefing, hire a porter to carry your extra backpack and by 800am start the journey in the forest via different trails searching and following up the habituate gorilla family until you land on it. The entire trek lasts from 30 minutes to 7 hours but once the gorilla family is spotted, you will spend a maximum duration of 1 hour of close interaction with the gorillas watching them as they play, feed, copulate, groom and breastfeed among others. Trek back to the starting point where you will meet your safari driver waiting to return you to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, lunch & dinner
Day 3: 2nd gorilla trekking in Bwindi impenetrable national park
- 2nd Gorilla trek: Breakfast will be served in time on day 3 of 4 days Uganda double gorilla trekking safari in Bwindi. After breakfast, be transferred to the assembly point just like the previous day where briefing is always conducted. However on day 3, endeavor to request for a different gorilla family different from the one you trekked the previous day unless you really need to visit the same family again but trekking a different family will offer you an extensive comparison between the two families. You may also trek in a different sector since all the 4 sectors are not very far from one another though this has to be communicated in advance in order to have two different gorilla trekking permit for different sectors. Amongst the sectors to choose from include; Buhoma the main and the first sector to be opened up for gorilla trekking in Bwindi and Uganda at large, Rushaga sector the only sector in Uganda where gorilla habituation experience is conducted, Ruhija, Nkuringo and finally Nyakagezi though it’s not found in Bwindi but can be trekked as well by tourists on a safari to Bwindi as that is the only gorilla family trekked in Mgahinga gorilla national park. Well, after briefing as usual, you will start the search of the habituated gorilla family once again until you finally spot them. Spend your entire one hour with them learning about their manners, taking photographs and finally trek back to the starting point where you will be picked and returned to your lodge for a relaxed evening or even spend some few hours on a batwa experience.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch & dinner.
Day 4: Drive back to Kampala
- Drive to Kampala: On day 4 of 4 days Uganda double gorilla trekking safari in Bwindi which is the last day of your safari, you will be served breakfast in time. Keeping in mind that you have a long journey but more fascinating with a lot of attractions along the way, you will check out of lodge and meet your driver to be driven back to Kampala by 8:00am. Enroute lunch will be in Mbarara at Igongo cultural hotel where you enjoyed your lunch on day 1. Upon arrival in Kampala, you will be dropped off either at the hotel or in case you have a late night flight, you will be dropped at Entebbe international airport for departures.
- Meal plan: Breakfast and lunch
End of 4 days Uganda double gorilla trekking safari in Bwindi
Inclusive in 4 days Uganda gorilla trekking safari
- Airport transfers
- A 4×4 safari vehicle with fuel
- 2 gorilla trekking permits
- Accommodation for 3 Nights in Bwindi impenetrable national park
- Meals will be as per Itinerary
- Enough bottled drinking water throughout the safari
- An English speaking guide/ Driver
Exclusive in 4 days Uganda gorilla trekking safari
- International travel expenses such as Visa and air ticket
- Porter fees
- Life Insurance
- Laundry fee
- Alcoholic drinks and other beverages
- Other expenses of personal nature