7 Days Best of Rwanda Safari Adventure (gorilla trekking, Karisimbi Hike, and Nyungwe forest)
7 Days Best of Rwanda Safari Adventure: This one week Rwanda safari is such a fascinating and perfect itinerary designed to cater for tourists who prefer to engage in exhilarating yet adventurous activities in the land of a thousand hills. This 7 days Rwanda gorilla trekking, Karisimbi Hike and Nyungwe forest safari is one of the way to fully explore the beauty that lies with in Rwanda. You will trek the endangered mountain gorillas in Volcanoes national park, Hike up Mount Karisimbi which is situated at 4,705M high above the sea level also in Volcanoes national park then exit and connect to Nyungwe forest national park for a fascinating chimpanzee trekking safari and canopy walk which is known to be the best canopy walk in the entire East African region offering great views of different fauna and flora species.
Highlights of 7 Days Best of Rwanda Safari Adventure
- Day 1: Transfer from Kigali to Volcanoes national park
- Day 2: Rwanda gorilla trekking in Volcanoes national park
- Day 3: Hike Mount Karisimbi (Ascend)
- Day 4: Descend Mount Karisimbi and transfer to Gisenyi
- Day 5: Boat transfer on Lake Kivu to Nyungwe forest national park
- Day 6: Chimpanzee trekking and Canopy walk in Nyungwe forest
- Day 7: Drive back to Kigali for departures
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer from Kigali to Volcanoes national park
- Transfer from Kigali to Volcanoes national park: On the 1st day of 7 Days Best of Rwanda Safari Adventure, you will be picked by our company representative from your hotel in Kigali in case you spent and overnight in Rwanda or direct from Kigali international airport upon landing and start a road drive to Ruhengeri where you will visit the park headquarters for volcanoes national park in Kiningi to obtain your gorilla trekking and Karisimbi hiking permits then proceed to check in your lodge. Have your lunch and relax abit then meet your safari driver for an evening cultural tour
Day 2: Rwanda gorilla trekking in Volcanoes national park
- Rwanda gorilla trekking: Enjoy an early breakfast on day 2 of 7 days Rwanda gorilla trekking, Karisimbi Hike and Nyungwe forest safari, pack your lunch box and bottled water, wear your best gorilla trekking gear and be driven to catch up with pre gorilla trekking briefing conducted by the park rangers. During the briefing, you will be told the things to do and not to do while in the habitat of gorillas, the expectations during the trek, and the estimated time frame for the trek though the time is usually determined by the movement of gorillas, the speed of trekkers always considering the slowest person in the trekking group of 8 persons or less and the nature of the trails among others. After briefing, hire a porter and set off in the forest to search for these great apes. Once you find the allocated gorilla family, you will stay in their vicinity watching the gorilla family members and taking photographs for one hour and return to the starting point to meet your safari driver and be returned to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Hike Mount Karisimbi (Ascend)
- Hike Mount Karisimbi Volcano: After breakfast on day 3 of 7 Days Best of Rwanda Safari Adventure, you will pack everything you need for a hike then be transferred to the starting point of Karisimbi hike where you will start ascending amidst tight security of armed rangers. You will hike up 3700M above the sea level in about 6-7 hours then camp for the overnight ready to summit the top on the next day.
Day 4: Descend Mount Karisimbi and transfer to Gisenyi
- Descend Karisimbi and transfer to Lake Kivu: In the morning on day 4 of 7 days Rwanda gorilla trekking, Karisimbi Hike and Nyungwe forest safari, you will wake up at the camp then proceed your hike till you reach at the top. While at the summit, you will be rewarded with a lot of attraction including other volcanoes since there are 8 volcanoes with in Virunga massif thus while at the summit of Karisimbi, one is able to have a view on the top of other volcanoes though not all. Watch the crater lakes, the calderas and many other stunning views then start descending back to meet with your safari driver at the starting point who will then drive you to a nearby hotel for lunch and later on embark on the journey to Gisenyi where you will spend your evening at leisure along the shores of Lake Kivu.
Day 5: Boat transfer on Lake Kivu to Nyungwe forest national park
- Transfer to Nyungwe forest national park: After a relaxed breakfast on day 5 of 7 days Rwanda gorilla trekking, Karisimbi Hike and Nyungwe forest safari, you will check out of the lodge and meet your safari driver for a brief city tour around Gisenyi and proceed to the Lake shore for a boat cruise transfer from Gisenyi to Nyungwe forest national park one the best primate park in Rwanda with 13 primate species. Upon arrival in Kibuye, you will enjoy your lunch before proceeding to the park for lodge check in, dinner and overnight.
Day 6: Chimpanzee trekking and Canopy walk
- Chimpanzee trekking and Canopy walk in Nyungwe forest: Arise as early as possible for breakfast on day 6 of 7 Days Best of Rwanda Safari Adventure, then pack some snacks and drinking water, wear you trekking gear and be driven to the park headquarters for a pre trekking briefing. After briefing, you will set off with armed rangers and tour guides to start the search of habituated chimpanzees for trekking. This will take you about 30 minutes to 3 hours of search but upon finding the habituated chimpanzee troop, you will spend just one hour with them in their natural habitats then return to the lodge for lunch. After lunch, have some rest and later in the evening head out for 2 hours canopy walk that starts from Uwinka offering sunning view of entire Nyungwe forest national park from a glance, encounter with different wildlife in the forest including primates, mammals, birds, butterflies and several plant species. This Canopy walk is a 150m stretch raised at a height of 50M above the ground which is almost the tree top height. After the canopy walk, you will add some other walking trails or return to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 7: Drive back to Kigali for departures
- Drive back to Kigali: Have your breakfast at leisure depending on your departure time on day 7 of 7 days Rwanda gorilla trekking, Karisimbi Hike and Nyungwe forest safari, check out and meet your Rwanda safari driver to set off from Nyungwe forest national park back to Kigali. This is about 6-7 hours driver but so rewarding with plenty of attractions such as tea plantations, rolling hills, the genocide memorial sites among others that will make your journey worth it. Upon arrival in Kigali, you will be dropped at either a hotel in Kigali or at Kigali international airport for departures.
End Of the 7 Days Best of Rwanda Safari Adventure