Primate Safaris Safari highlights
This Rwanda safari (6 Days Best Of Rwanda Primate Safari) explores the life beyond what we see in our everyday life. The rainforests with thick trees seem to be enclosed, yet we often assume there is no life beyond trees and shrubs. The opposite is actually correct. On this safari into Rwanda, we wander into the rainforests, traverse all corners and discover a very vibrant wildlife. We will trek Mountain gorillas in Volcanoes National Park rainforest and visit the gorilla guardians’ village to have brief interaction with the Rwandan people. Lake Kivu is a perfect rendez vous to refresh and re energize after the gorilla trekking expedition. We will track the chimpanzees in Nyungwe National Park rainforest and walk in the forest to explore wildlife in the forest canopy.
- Mountain gorilla trekking
- Visit to gorilla guardians’ village
- Explore Lake Kivu
- Chimpanzee tracking
- Canopy walk
- Visit to national museum
- Visit to King’s palace
- Brief Kigali City tour
Day 1: Travel to Volcanoes National Park
- Transfer to volcanoes park:Your safari guide on tour of Rwanda will meet you at Kigali International Airport your arrival. You will travel to Kigali City and share a cup of coffee / lunch as you acclimatize to Rwanda lifestyle. Share Rwanda safari experiences and plan the best way to achieve success on your tour into Rwanda. You will then set out for a 3-hour travel northwest of Rwanda and traverse the countryside once-in-a-while stumbling into exciting sightings. The magnificent views of your hotel in a serene and relaxing ambiance overlooking the Volcanoes rainforest generate extreme feelings of adventure and fun. Relax and drown in the excitement of gorilla trekking safari into Rwanda.
Day 2: Trekking the gorillas, visit the gorilla guardians’ village
- Gorilla trekking:Today you live your Rwanda gorilla trekking safari dreams. The safari guide will escort you early morning to Kinigi Rwanda gorilla trekking assembly point. You will meet up with fellow trekkers, rangers brief you about Rwanda gorilla trekking regulations and you set out for the rainforest. The gorilla trekking expedition is physical, at times rough equally exciting, adventurous and fun. The gorilla trekking team will explore and traverse the jungles following in the trails of moving gorillas. Your interaction with gorillas is limited to one hour and the gorilla trekking team retreats out of the rainforest.
- Rwanda community; interaction:Later in the day, the safari guide will escort you to gorilla guardians’ village to interact and share life experiences with the Rwanda indigenous people.
Day 3: Travel to Lake Kivu
- Transfer to kivu: You rise up at daybreak and enjoy breakfast staring in the rainforest as mist evaporates into the skies. You bid farewell to Volcanoes National Park and begin slow descent traveling on the shores of Lake Kivu on to Kibuye; a lakeside town. Kibuye is a perfect rendez vous on Rwanda tour with unlimited opportunities for leisure, adventure and relaxation. Boat cruises on the lake are popular choice of refreshing and re energizing the boat battered by gorilla trekking expedition. Options for bird watching, swimming, leisure walk and other water sports are readily available.
Day 4: Travel to Nyungwe forest
- Travel to Nyungwe forest :Relax and refresh your body. You set out after breakfast and travel further south on to Nyungwe forest in time for lunch. The undulating landscapes overflowing with stunning beauty of the rainforest and adjacent tea estate will sweep off your feet in magic setting adventure adrenalin in overdrive. You will sample the Nyungwe rain-forest with an exciting walk on a bridge suspended 70m meters above ground and explore the beauty of the forest canopy. Often a band entertains guests with a live cultural performance. Relax rest of the evening at the hotel until lights fade.
Day 5: Tracking Chimpanzees in Nyungwe forest
- Chimpanzee trekking : Chimpanzee tracking is an exciting Rwanda safari activity and a magnet for travelers in Nyungwe forest. The safari guide will escort you to chimpanzee tracking assembly point a few kilometers drive from the hotel. The rangers will descend you into the rainforest to explore and discover the beauty hidden in the wilderness. The jungle is alive with many other wildlife species; birds, mammals, insects, reptiles and a dozen other primates. Relax the rest of the day at the hotel.
Day 6: Departure
Your travel schedule to Kigali City and on to the airport is dependent on your flight schedule. Nyungwe is 5 hours drive to Kigali. You will set out after breakfast and begin travel north to Kigali. Break the journey at Butare Town, visit the national museum and proceed to Nyanza for another break to tour a traditional King’s Palace. The two breaks highlight more exciting events of tour into Rwanda expound the travelers’ knowledge about the Rwandan people and their lifestyles. Your safari guide will escort you to the airport for your outbound flight.