5 Days Virunga Gorilla Trekking and Akagera Wildlife safari
5 Days Virunga Gorilla trekking and Akagera wildlife safari is yet a short but fascinating combined Rwanda and Congo safari taking travel lovers on a journey explore the most beautiful savanna park in Rwanda, Akagera national park where you will spend time on a fascinating game drive and cruise along lake Ihema then cross over into the Democratic Republic of Congo to trek endangered mountain gorillas in Virunga national park and then explore the most stunning Lake Kivu before returning to Kigali for departures. This 5 days Virunga gorilla trekking and Akagera wildlife safari include 5 days and 4 nights Starting and ending in Kigali Rwanda.
Highlights of 5 Days Virunga Gorilla Trekking and Akagera Wildlife safari
- Day 1: Transfer from Kigali to Akagera national park for a boat cruise along Lake Ihema
- Day 2: Full day game drive in Akagera national park and transfer back to Kigali
- Day 3: Transfer from Kigali to Virunga national park Congo
- Day 4: Mountain gorilla trekking in Virunga national park and head to Lake Kivu
- Day 5: Transfer from Lake Kivu to Kigali for departures
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer from Kigali to Akagera national park for a boat cruise along Lake Ihema
- Transfer to Akagera national park: On day 1 of 5 days Virunga gorilla trekking and Akagera wildlife safari, you will be picked up by our company representative in Kigali who in this case is your safari driver. He will brief you about your 5 days combined safari in Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of Congo as you head to Akagera national park. Upon arrival at the park, you will check in for a meal and proceed for a boat cruise along Lake Ihema while watching a plenty of wildlife including Hippos, elephants, buffaloes, crocodiles and other wildlife that thrill within the park since the Akagera national park is indeed a wildlife game and the most beautiful savanna park in Rwanda. After boat cruise, return to the lodge for dinner and overnight sleep.
- Meal plan: Lunch and dinner
Day 2: Full day game drive in Akagera national park and transfer back to Kigali
- Game drive in Akagera national park: After an early breakfast on day 2 of 5 days Congo Rwanda safari, you may opt to have a packed lunch box or opt to return to the lodge for lunch. Well, meet your safari driver for a game drive where you will spot nocturnal wildlife return to their hideout very early in the morning, watch the herbivores as they arise very early to feed on fresh vegetation in the thrilling savanna grassland of Akagera national park and plenty of birds singing sweetly in the trees. Amongst the wildlife seen in Akagera national park while on a game drive includes Elephants, lions, bushbucks, rhinos, giraffes and many more that thrill in the park. As soon as you’re done with the game drive, return to the lodge, take a cool shower and check out to be returned back to Kigali for overnight.
- Meal plan: breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Day 3: Transfer from Kigali to Virunga national park Congo
- Transfer to Virunga national park: On day 3 of 5 days Virunga gorilla trekking and Akagera wildlife safari, enjoy your breakfast at the lodge, checkout and be ready to be picked up from Kigali at your hotel early in the morning to catch up with your drive from Kigali to Congo via Grande barrier border point. Once you get to Goma, you will be cleared with virunga park management to get a gorilla trekking permit and the Congo tourists Visa then join the convoy to be transferred to your lodge for check-in and lunch. You will then spend your evening at leisure as you wait for dinner and overnight.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch, and dinner
Day 4: Mountain gorilla trekking in Virunga national park and head to Lake Kivu for Overnight
- Gorilla trekking in Virunga national park: Start day 4 of 5 days Congo Rwanda safari with a heavy breakfast, pack drinking water and a lunch box then grab your backpack to be driven from your lodge to Bukima police post for a briefing about gorillas before penetrating the forest to start the adventurous search of habituated mountain gorillas in virunga national park. You will spend one unforgettable hour with the gorilla family lead by a dominant silverback watching them and taking the photographs at a recommended 7m distance from the gorillas. Once one hour elapses, you will trek back to Bukima where you will be picked and returned to the lodge for lunch. Once lunch is done, check out and be driven to Lake Kivu in Gisenyi Rwanda where you will spend your overnight.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
Day 5: Transfer from Lake Kivu to Kigali for departures
- Transfer from Lake Kivu to Kigali: On day 5 of 5 days Virunga gorilla trekking and Akagera wildlife safari, wake up for your breakfast at leisure, then spend some time at the shores of Lake Kivu, you may take up a boat cruise, a swim, or a nature walk explore different islands at the lake then check out of the lodge after lunch and start the drive to Kigali where you will be dropped off at the hotel or the airport for departures.
- Meal plan: Breakfast and lunch
END OF 5 DAYS VIRUNGA GORILLA TREKKING AND AKAGERA WILDLIFE SAFARI
Inclusive in 5 Days Congo Rwanda safari
- Congo gorilla trekking permit
- Congo tourist visa
- Park entrance fees
- A 4×4 safari vehicle
- An English / French speaking guide
- All meals as per itinerary
- Accommodation as mentioned in itinerary
- Drinking water
- All mentioned activities
Exclusive in 5 Days Congo Rwanda safari
- Rwanda visa
- Air ticket
- Other additional drinks apart from water
- Life insurance