5 Days Kahuzi Beiga & Nyungwe Forest safari
5 Days Kahuzi Beiga & Nyungwe Forest safari is a combined safari that takes primate lovers to Nyungwe forest national park the best primate destination in Rwanda to engage in Chimpanzee trekking and canopy walk and then connect to Kahuzi Beiga national park to trek the Eastern lowland gorillas in the Democratic Republic of Congo. 5 days Kahuzi Beiga and Nyungwe forest safari include 5 days and 4 night’s excursion starting and ending in Kigali Rwanda.
Highlights of 5 Days Kahuzi Beiga & Nyungwe Forest safari
- Day 1: Transfer from Kigali to Nyungwe forest national park
- Day 2: Chimpanzee trekking and Canopy walk in Nyungwe forest national park
- Day 3: Transfer to Bukavu
- Day 4: Eastern lowland gorilla trekking in Kahuzi Beiga national park
- Day 5: Transfer back to Kigali Rwanda for departures
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer from Kigali to Nyungwe forest national park
- Kigali to Nyungwe forest national park: on day 1 of 5 days Kahuzi Beiga and Nyungwe forest safari early in the morning, you will be picked up from your hotel in Kigali by our company representative then visit some market centers in Kigali in case you need to buy somethings required in your safari then set off southwards to Nyungwe forest national park with an enroute lunch, stopover at the Kings palace and Museum, also visit some genocide sites along the way and proceed your journey to Nyungwe forest national park where you will check in at your lodge for dinner and overnight.
- Meal plan: Lunch and dinner
Day 2: Chimpanzee trekking and Canopy walk in Nyungwe forest national park
- Chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe forest national park: Enjoy your breakfast very early in the morning on day 2 of 5 days Kahuzi Beiga and Nyungwe forest safari then pack some snacks and drinking water to be driven to park headquarters for briefing. After briefing, you will start the search for habituated chimpanzee troop inside the Cyamudongo forest which will take you 30 minutes to 4 hours then send one hour with the chimpanzees taking photographs and learning their manners as they go on with their daily activities in their home. After spending one hour with chimpanzees, trail back to the office to meet your safari driver for a transfer back to the lodge for lunch.
- Canopy walk in Nyungwe forest national park: After lunch, you will relax abit and by 2:oopm, head back to the park for an afternoon canopy walk that starts with a briefing at the trailhead at Uwinka and finally embark on a 150 meters long and 5om high canopy walk that is one of the best canopies in the whole world offering a stunning view of Nyungwe forest national park, an encounter with primates in the forest, mammals, birds and other different species that thrill in the forest and the park as a whole. You will be listening to different voices of different wildlife species in the forest including chimpanzees, monkeys, and other mammals and birds singing sweet melodies that will make an entire canopy walk a more fascinating and adventurous activity in Nyungwe forest national park. After the canopy walk, trail back to meet your safari driver for a drive back to your lodge to freshen up, have dinner and overnight sleep as you close the 2nd day of your 5 days Kahuzi Beiga and Nyungwe forest safari.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
Day 3: Transfer to Bukavu town
- Transfer to Bukavu: On day 3 of 5 days Congo Rwanda Safari, you will wake up on a relaxed breakfast at your lodge then check out of the lodge and meet your safari driver for a transfer from Nyungwe forest national park to Bukavu in the southern part of Democratic republic of Congo via Ruzizi border for check in with immigration office. Upon arrival in Bukavu, you will check-in at your lodge, have lunch and spend the remaining evening hours at leisure awaiting dinner and overnight in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Day 4: Eastern lowland gorilla trekking in Kahuzi Beiga national park
- Eastern lowland gorilla trekking: Arise and shine early in the morning on day 4 of 5 days Kahuzi Beiga and Nyungwe forest safari, have breakfast served, pack your lunch box and be driven to the Kahuzi Beiga national park headquarters for a briefing before setting off for a real trek in the wilderness of Eastern Lowland gorillas which are only found in Democratic Republic of Congo in the entire east African region as other countries harbor endangered mountain gorillas. Though DRC was blessed with both endangered mountain Gorillas in Virunga national park and Eastern lowland gorillas in Kahuzi Beiga national park. You will spend about 30 minutes to 3 hours in search of these Eastern lowland gorillas then spend done hour in their vicinity learning about them and taking photographs. Return back your lodge for dinner and overnight.
- Meal plan: breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Day 5: Transfer back to Kigali Rwanda for departures
- Transfer back to Kigali: After an early breakfast at your lodge on day 5 of 5 days Congo Rwanda Safari, check out of the lodge and meet your driver to start the journey back to Kigali via Ruzizi border again into Rwanda while enjoying a clear view of Nyungwe forest and different plantations along the way. Lunch will be enroute then the driver will drop you off at your hotel in Kigali or at Kigali international airport for departures.
- Meal plan: Breakfast and lunch
END OF 5 DAYS KAHUZI BEIGA AND NYUNGWE FOREST SAFARI
Inclusive in 5 days Congo Rwanda Safari
- A 4×4 safari vehicle with fuel
- Pick up and drop off in Kigali Rwanda
- Lowland gorilla trekking permit
- Chimpanzee trekking permit
- An English/ French speaking guide
- A Congo tourist visa
- All mentioned activities
- All accommodations as per itinerary
- All meals as per itinerary
- Enough drinking water
Exclusive in 5 days Congo Rwanda Safari
- Rwanda visa
- Air ticket
- Optional activities
- Additional accommodation
- Other drinks apart from water