4 Days Rwanda Gorilla trekking and Mount Karisimbi hiking safari
4 Days Rwanda Gorilla trekking and Mount Karisimbi hiking safari: This is indeed one of the best short Rwanda safari done in Volcanoes national park. This 4 days Rwanda Gorilla trekking and Mount Karisimbi hiking safari combines a trek to visit the endangered mountain gorillas in Rwanda and a hike to summit the top of Mount Karisimbi and descend back. This Rwanda safari includes 4 days and 3 nights in Rwanda.
Highlights of 4 Days Rwanda Gorilla trekking and Mount Karisimbi hiking safari
- Day 1: Kigali city tour & travel to Volcanoes national park
- Day 2: Rwanda Gorilla trekking in Volcanoes national park
- Day 3: Hike Mount Karisimbi (Ascend)
- Day 4: Descend Mount Karisimbi and drive back to Kigali for departures
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Kigali city tour & travel to Volcanoes national park
- Kigali city tour and transfer to Volcanoes national park: Being the 1st day of your 4 days Rwanda Gorilla trekking and Mount Karisimbi hiking safari, you will be picked up from an earlier communicated pick up location in Kigali and start your safari with Kigali city tour visiting some of the genocide memorial sites that were put in place in commemoration of the Rwandese that lost their lives during the deadly 1994 genocide, visit the kimironko market to buy some items that you may need while on safari, and many other attractions with in the beautiful Kigali city. After the Kigali city tour, you will have lunch then set off on a 2-3 hours’ drive from Kigali to Ruhengeri/ Kiningi where you will stopover at volcanoes national park headquarters to obtain your Karisimbi hiking permit and gorilla trekking permit on your way to the lodge where you will check in for dinner and overnight.
- Meal plan: Lunch and dinner
Day 2: Rwanda Gorilla trekking in Volcanoes national park
- Rwanda Gorilla trekking adventure: On day 2 of 4 days Rwanda Gorilla trekking and Mount Karisimbi hiking safari, wake full energized for a fascinating activity, have a cup of coffee, back your drinking water and a lunchbox to meet your safari driver to be transferred for a pre gorilla trekking briefing. Once the briefing is done, hire a porter and start the journey in the forest to search for the allocated gorilla family. This will take you about 30 minutes to 7 hours as you trail up and down via different trails until you and your group finally lands on these great apes in their natural habitats as they move around the forest in search of food. One hour is the maximum duration you will be allowed to stay closer to these gorillas taking photographs and enjoying watching these gorillas as they feed, groom, breastfeed and copulate among others. After an hour with gorillas, trek back to meet your safari driver who will drive you back to the lodge. You may choose to spend your evening at leisure or have a walk to the visit the beautiful twin lakes of Burela & Ruhondo.
- Meal plan: breakfast, lunch & dinner
Day 3: Hike Mount Karisimbi (Ascend)
- Karisimbi hiking adventure (Ascend): Early in the morning on day 3 of 4 Days Rwanda Gorilla trekking and Mount Karisimbi hiking safari, you will wake early once again, have your breakfast served and pack anything you need before setting from your lodge to embark on a hike to summit Karisimbi keeping in mind that you will spend an overnight along the hike. Check out of the lodge and be driven to the park headquarters for a briefing before starting the ascension. After the briefing, hire the porter and start the journey to ascend Mount Karisimbi with the armed rangers and local guides that will be explaining more about mount Karisimbi during the hike. After ascending for about 6 hours, you will camp at 3,700m for your overnight in order to summit the peak of Karisimbi the following day. This hike rewards hikers with a view of Dian Fossey’s grave at Karisoke research centers which is situated between mount Bisoke and Mount Karisimbi. They’re also a lot of attractions to encounter along the way including primates such as gorillas, mammals, and other wildlife that thrill with in Volcanoes national park.
Day 4: Descend Mount Karisimbi and drive back to Kigali for departures
- Ascend and descend Mount Karisimbi: On day 4 of 4 days Rwanda Gorilla trekking & Mount Karisimbi hiking tour, you will wake up for breakfast at you camp along Mount Karisimbi, then check out and proceed your hike to summit the top at the sun rise. The joy upon summiting the top of Karisimbi is overwhelming and worth it as it overs a stunning view of the neighboring volcanoes in different parks within Virunga massif. After spending some time at the top of Karisimbi, you will start descending back to the starting point of the hike where you will meet with your Rwanda safari driver to take you for a drive back to Kigali with an enroute lunch. Upon arrival in Kigali, you will either check in your hotel for an overnight or be driven to Kigali international airport for departures back home or to the next destination according to your plan.
END OF 4 DAYS RWANDA GORILLA TREKKING AND KARISIMBI HKE
Inclusive in 4 days Rwanda safari
- A 4×4 safari vehicle for ground transportation
- Kigali pick up and drop off
- An English speaking guide/ driver
- Rwanda mountain gorilla trekking permit
- Rwanda Karisimbi volcano hiking permit
- Enough bottled drinking water throughout the safari
- All meals will be served as per itinerary
- Accommodations will be as mentioned in the Itinerary
Exclusive in 4 days Rwanda safari;
- International travel documents including Visa and ticket
- Life insurance while on the trip
- Laundry fees
- Optional activities
- Porter hire fees
- Tips to the porter / guide
- Other drinks and beverages
- Other expenses of personal nature such as airtime, email services, Cigarettes and many more.