4 Days Rwanda Double Gorilla trek and Akagera wildlife safari
4 Days Rwanda Double Gorilla trek and Akagera wildlife safari: This Rwanda safari offers 2 gorilla treks in Volcanoes national park and wildlife viewing safari in the most beautiful savanna park in Rwanda, Akagera national park. This 4 days Rwanda double Gorilla trek and Akagera wildlife safari starts and ends in Kigali Rwanda taking 4 days and 3 nights.
Highlights of 4 Days Rwanda Double Gorilla trek and Akagera wildlife safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Akagera National park for afternoon boat cruise on Lake Ihema
- Day 2: Game drive safari and transfer back to Kigali
- Day 3: Transfer to Volcanoes national park in Ruhengeri for 1st gorilla trekking adventure
- Day 4: 2nd gorilla trekking & Return to Kigali for departures
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer to Akagera National park for an afternoon boat cruise on Lake Ihema
- Transfer to Akagera national park: In the morning on days 1 of 4 days Rwanda double Gorilla trek and Akagera wildlife safari, be ready to be picked from your hotel in Kigali where you spent an overnight then start the fascinating 3 hours’ drive journey to Akagera national park while being briefed about this Rwanda safari. Upon arrival at the park, you will check-in for an early lunch then be transferred to Lake Ihema for an afternoon boat cruise. While on a boat cruise, keep your eyes at the hoes of the Lake for an opportunity to view plenty of wildlife species including mammals and birds. After the boat cruise, you will be driven back on an evening game drive sighting more wildlife as you return to the lodge for dinner and overnight sleep as you end the 1st day of your 4 days Rwanda safari.
- Meal plan: Lunch & dinner
Day 2: Game drive safari and transfer back to Kigali
- Game drive adventure in Akagera national park: On day 2 of 4 days Rwanda double Gorilla trek and Akagera wildlife safari, have an early breakfast and set off for a breath taking game drive in Akagera national park which is the most beautiful and attractive savanna park in Rwanda that thrills with plenty of wildlife species. During the game drive, you will encounter a variety wildlife including, lions, buffaloes, zebras, giraffe and several bird species in the park. As soon as you are done with a game drive, return to the lodge for lunch then check out embark on the journey to Kigali where you will enjoy a brief city tour visiting some market centers, craft shops among other and then check in any hotel in the city for dinner and overnight sleep.
- Meal plan: breakfast, lunch & dinner
Day 3: Transfer to Volcanoes national park in Ruhengeri for 1st gorilla trekking adventure
- 1st gorilla trekking in Volcanoes national park: On day 3 of 4 days Rwanda double Gorilla trek and Akagera wildlife safari, wake as early as possible for breakfast, then check out of the lodge with a packed lunch box as early as 5:30am to start the 2 hours’ drive from Kigali to Ruhengeri. Upon arrival, you will be cleared with Volcanoes national park officials to obtain your gorilla trekking permits and attend the briefing with other trekkers. During the briefing, you will be informed about the dos and don’ts while in the wild surrounded by primates, then set off with the armed rangers and hired porters plus the local tour guides to start the real search of endangered mountain gorillas in Volcanoes national park which is the only Rwanda’s park that harbor mountain gorillas with the other population of the mountain gorillas living in Bwindi impenetrable national park Uganda, Mgahinga gorilla national park Uganda and virunga national park in Democratic Republic of Congo. It will take you about 30 minutes to 5 hours to meet the gorillas but during the trek took out for other wildlife species within the same park and as soon as you encounter with the gorillas, you are allowed to spend just one hour with the gorillas taking their photographs and learning their different manners in their natural habitats. You will later on trek back to the starting point to meet your safari driver and be transferred to your lodge for check in and lunch. After lunch, you may enjoy an optional evening walk to visit the twin lakes of Burela and Ruhondo or just relax at your lodge.
- Meal plan: breakfast, lunch & dinner
Day 4: 2nd gorilla trekking & Return to Kigali for departures
- 2nd gorilla trekking in Volcanoes national park: On day 4 of 4 days Rwanda double Gorilla trek and Akagera wildlife safari which is even the last day of your Rwanda safari, arise in the morning for a cup of coffee for breakfast, pack some snacks and drinking water just like the previous day and return to the park headquarters for a briefing about gorilla trekking. Hire a porter and start the journey back in the wilderness to search for a different allocated gorilla family for trekking which will take you about 30 minutes to 5 hours to find the gorilla family then spend an hour with the gorilla family members interacting closely and taking photos. After spending one hour with gorillas, you will return to meet your safari drive back to your lodge for lunch, refreshing, and finally check out to start the journey from volcanoes national park back to Kigali for either hotel drop off or be dropped off at Kigali international airport for a late evening flight.
- Meal plan: Breakfast & lunch
END OF 4 DAYS RWANDA DOUBLE GORILLA TREK AND AKAGERA WILDLIFE SAFARI
Inclusive in 4 days Rwanda wildlife safari
- A 4×4 safari vehicle with fuel
- An English speaking guide
- Park entrance fees
- 2 Rwanda Gorilla trekking permits
- All mentioned activities
- Meals will be as per Itinerary
- Accommodation as per Itinerary for 3 nights
- Enough drinking water throughout the safari
Exclusive in 4 days Rwanda safari
- International travel expenses such as Visa and air ticket
- Optional activities
- Additional accommodations
- Alcoholic drinks and other beverages
- Tips to the guide and porter
- Life insurance while on safari
- Laundry fees