4 Days Gorilla Trekking Rwanda and Bisoke Hiking safari
4 Days Gorilla Trekking Rwanda and Bisoke Hiking safari is amongst short Rwanda adventurous safaris that include 4 days and 3 nights in the land of a thousand hills. This safari is conducted in Volcanoes national park which is home to both endangered mountain gorillas and the volcanoes. The 4 days gorilla trekking Rwanda and Bisoke hiking safari will start from Kigali Rwanda and connect to volcanoes national park in Ruhengeri where you will spend one hour with the mountain gorillas in their natural habitats and spend another day hiking mount Bisoke one of the 8 volcanoes with in Virunga massif.
Highlights of 4 Days Gorilla Trekking Rwanda and Bisoke Hiking safari
- Day 1: Transfer from Kigali to Volcanoes national park in Kiningi
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Volcanoes national park
- Day 3: Bisoke Volcano hike
- Day 4: Transfer back to Kigali for departures
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer from Kigali to Volcanoes national park in Kiningi
- Transfer to Volcanoes national park: Early in the morning on day 1 of 4 days Rwanda safari at around 8:00 am, you will be met by our company representative in Kigali Rwanda who will pick you from your hotel and set off for a Kigali city tour taking you in a beautiful city with beautiful people. During the city tour, you will explore some of the genocide memorial sites, visit the places of worship, the craft shops and other unique places that will make your city tour memorable. After the city tour, have your lunch in Kigali and set off for a road drive to Kiningi where you will arrive in the evening to check in at your lodge in Volcanoes national park, have dinner and overnight as you prepare to trek gorillas the next day
- Meal plan: Lunch and dinner
Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Volcanoes national park
- Mountain gorilla trekking in Volcanoes national park: On day 2 of 4 days gorilla trekking Rwanda and Bisoke hiking safari, you need to rise up very early for breakfast, put on your best gorilla trekking gear, pack drinking water and some snacks in a lunchbox then meet with your safari driver to be transferred to Kiningi for a pre gorilla briefing at the park headquarters. As soon as the briefing is done, you will be led into the forest together with the local tour guides and the armed rangers to start the hunt for the habituated endangered mountain gorillas in their natural habitat in Volcanoes national park. Upon landing on these giant primates, you will spend an hour interacting with them and taking photographs then trail back to the headquarters of the park to meet your driver and be returned to the lodge. Later in the evening, you may opt for a cultural tour to the Ibyiwacu cultural village to have a taste of the Rwandese culture or spend your evening at leisure at the park. In case you opt for a cultural tour, remember to return back to your lodge in time for dinner.
- Meal plan: breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Day 3: Bisoke Volcano hike in Volcanoes national park
- Mount Bisoke hiking adventure: Have your breakfast early again on day 3 of 4 days Rwanda safari, pack a lunchbox and enough drinking water, then be driven once again to the park headquarters for a briefing before setting off to start ascending Mount Bisoke one of the dormant volcanoes in Volcanoes national park. After the briefing, you will join other hikers and rangers to start ascending mount Bisoke which will take you about 4 – 5 hours to reach the top of the mountain where there is a crater lake. After viewing the Crater Lake and the neighboring attractions, you will take about 2-3 hours to descend back to the starting point where you will be picked and returned to the lodge for a relaxed dinner and overnight.
- Meal plan: breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Day 4: Transfer back to Kigali for departures
- Transfer to Kigali: On day 4 of 4 days gorilla trekking Rwanda and Bisoke hiking safari, arise for breakfast as usual and depending on your flight details, you may decide to either trek the Golden monkeys or opt for a Hike to Dian Fossey grave which is a half-day activity then check out of the lodge and be driven direct to Kigali international airport for departures as you close your Rwanda safari.
- Meal plan: breakfast and lunch.
END OF 4 DAYS GORILLA TREKKING RWANDA AND BISOKE HIKING SAFARI
Inclusive in 4 days Rwanda safari
- Rwanda gorilla trekking permit
- Bisoke volcano hiking permit
- A 4×4 safari vehicle
- An English / French speaking guide
- All meal as per itinerary
- Accommodation for 3 nights as per itinerary
- Enough packed drinking water
Exclusive in 4 days Rwanda safari
- Rwanda Visa
- Air ticket
- Life insurance
- Optional activities
- Additional accommodation
- Other drinks apart from water