Park Entrance Fees; Bwindi impenetrable national park is a renowned protected area in the whole world for being a home ot the endangered mountain gorillas. Bwindi impenetrable national park highlights almost all Ugandan safaris, and perhaps, African safaris as well. This is so because of its fame from being the national park which harbors almost half of the world’s mountain gorilla population.
Bwindi impenetrable national park is among the small national parks in Uganda covering about 331sq.km located south west of Queen Elizabeth national park. Bwindi impenetrable national park is also blessed with other primates and quite a range of mammal species and birds.
Bwindi impenetrable National Park is regulated by a government body in charge of all other protected areas, Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA). It is Uganda wildlife authority which is in charge of stipulating the park entrance fees for bwindi impenetrable national park as well.
Individual Park Entrance Fees
Bwindi impenetrable national park is categorized among the major national parks in Uganda and it falls under category A according to Uganda wildlife authority ranking. The park entry fees are stipulated basing on the status of the visitors; foreign nonresidents, foreign residents, and the east African citizens as listed below;
- Adults are charged 40 USD, 30 USD and 20000 UGX for foreign nonresidents, foreign residents and the East African citizens respectively, as park entry fees for bwindi impenetrable national park.
- The children are charged 20 USD, 10 USD and 5000 UGX for foreign non residents, foreign residents and East African citizens respectively, as park entrance fees for Bwindi.
- Pupils and students are considered to be East African citizens and they are charged 3000 UGX and 5000 UGX respectively.
You can choose to pay park entrance to bwindi impenetrable national park on a yearly basis; annual park entrance fees. However, in this case, the foreign nonresidents are not considered for the annual park entrance fees, but the foreign residents and east African citizens;
- An individual is entitled to 350 USD and 150000 UGX for foreign residents and the east African citizens respectively, as annual park entrance fees.
- A couple is charged 500 USD if it is of foreign residents and 200000 UGX for the east African citizens.
- A family of maximally 4 children and foreign residents are entitled to a charge of 700 USD as annual park entrance fees. On the other hand, a family of east African citizens is entitled to 300000 UGX as annual park entrance charge for bwindi impenetrable national park.
- Annual corporate pas to bwindi impenetrable national park, goes for 1500 USD for foreign residents and 2.5 UGX millions for the east African citizens.
- A safari guide and the taxi driver to Bwindi impenetrable national park, are both charged 100000 UGX as annual park entrance fees.
- A tour operator who is a foreign resident is charged 50 USD as annual park entrance fee for bwindi impenetrable national park. On the other hand, a tour operator who is an east African citizen is entitled to 125000 UGX as annual park entry fees to bwindi impenetrable national park.
Not only people are charged for the access to protected areas, but also vehicles and aircrafts. The charge is used for running the conservation projects with in Bwindi impenetrable national park. The park entrance for vehicles and aircrafts is stipulated basing on the status of the motor engine as below;
- Foreign motor vehicles are charged 30 USD and 20000 UGX for those that belong to east Africa. The foreign saloon cars are charged 40 USD and 20000 UGX for east African cars.
- Minibuses and pick-ups plus 4WD cars are charged 50 USD if foreign and 30000 UGX for east African cars.
- Buses and Lorries are charged 150 USD if foreign and 150000 UGX for east Africa.
Aircraft landing fees and parking fees;
- Up to 3 seats – 20 USD and 40000 UGX for foreign aircrafts landing in Bwindi Impenetrable national park and east Africa, respectively.
- 4 – 6 seats are charged 30 USD for foreign aircrafts and 60000 UGX for east African aircrafts.
- 7 – 14 seats are charged 40 USD and 80000 UGX for foreign and east African aircrafts landing at bwindi impenetrable national park, respectively.
- 15 – 20 seats aircraft is charged 50usd if foreign and 100000 UGX for the east African air crafts.
- An aircraft for 21 seats and above is charged 60 USD if foreign and 120000 UGX for the east African aircraft landing in bwindi impenetrable national park.
- Helicopter is charged is charged 100 USD if foreign, and 250000 UGX for east African helicopter, per landing.
- Parking fee is 5000 UGX per day.
- The park entrance fee for vehicles and aircrafts is charged per entry
- The park entrance fees for vehicles and aircrafts are exclusive of the entry fees for the passengers.
- The pilots en route are not liable to any payment if at all they don not stay in the national park beyond 2hours.