6 Days Ngila Classic Package Congo safari (3 Gorilla treks and Nyiragongo Hike)
6 Days Ngila classic package Congo safari is one of the perfect packages for primate lovers offering 3 gorilla treks in Virunga national park and a fascinating hike to summit the top of Mount Nyiragongo the most active volcano amongst the 8 volcanoes with in Virunga Massif. The package comes with 3 nights at Ngila lodge a Luxury lodge, one night at Mikeno lodge a luxury lodge and one night at the top of Nyiragongo. This 6 days Ngila classic package Congo safari includes only 6 days and 5 night’s excursion in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Highlights of 6 Days Ngila Classic Congo safari
- Day 1: Pick up from Kigali and transfer to Goma
- Day 2: 1st Gorilla trek in Virunga national park
- Day 3: 2nd Gorilla trek in Virunga national park
- Day 4: 3rd Gorilla trek in Virunga national park
- Day 5: Hike Mount Nyiragongo (Ascend)
- Day 6: Descend Nyiragongo and transfer to Kigali for departures.
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Pick up from Kigali and transfer to Goma
- Transfer to Goma: On day 1 of 6 days Ngila classic package Congo safari, you will be picked up by our company representative from your hotel in Kigali or from Kigali international airport early in the morning and be briefed about this Ngila package as you drive direct to Goma. While in Goma, check in with virunga tourism management to obtain your Congo Visa, Gorilla trekking permits and the Nyiragongo hiking permit, and then meet up with your driver to be transferred to Ngila lodge for check in and lunch. The remaining hours of the day will be spent at leisure as you wait for dinner and overnight.
- Meal plan: Lunch and dinner
- Accommodation: Ngila Luxury lodge
Day 2: 1st Gorilla trek in Virunga national park
- 1st Gorilla trek: day 2 of 6 days Ngila classic package Congo safari is such an exciting day that you have been waiting for. Arise from your bed as early as possible, have breakfast, and pack drinking water and drinking water ready to be transferred to Bukima ranger post for a pre gorilla trekking briefing, porter hiring and finally start the a journey in the wild in search of habituated mountain gorillas. This will take you about 30 minutes to 5 hours then have an hour with gorillas taking photographs but always remember to keep your camera flash light off. After one hour with gorillas, trek back to Bukima where you will be picked up and returned to your Ngila lodge for lunch in case you didn’t carry a packed one. Spend your evening at leisure again awaiting your dinner and overnight.
- Meal plan: breakfast. Lunch and dinner
- Accommodation: Ngila Luxury lodge
Day 3: 2nd Gorilla trek in Virunga national park
- 2nd gorilla trek: After breakfast on day 3 of 6 days Ngila classic package Congo safari, head to Bukima ranger post once again with your packed lunch box and drinking water to be briefed and allocated a different mountain gorilla family for trekking and off to the jungle you will trek back amidst tight security of armed rangers to search for gorillas and spend one hour with the gorillas in their natural habitats just like the previous trek. You will be able to identify the difference between the two gorilla families, take enough photographs for easy comparison and finally return to Bukima for transfer back to your lodge for a Barbeque dinner being the last day at Ngila lodge. This will be the most interesting night.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, lunch and Barbeque dinner
- Accommodation: Ngila luxury lodge
Day 4: 3rd Gorilla trek in Virunga national park
- 3rd Gorilla trek: Enjoy your breakfast on day 4 of 6 days Ngila classic package Congo safari, grab a packed lunchbox and be transferred back to Bukima for the last pre gorilla trek for briefing, ensure that on this day you request for a different gorilla family different from the one you trekked on day 2 and day 3 unless you really want to trek them again it’s also acceptable. Hire a porter again and start the trail deep in the forest searching for the habituated gorillas allocated to you. Spend just an hour with them which is the maximum duration allowed in presence of gorillas. Then return to Kibati to meet your driver and be transferred to Mikeno Luxury lodge where you will spend an evening at Senkwekwe gorilla orphanage with the gorillas that were rescued from porters and those that lost their parents. Have you your dinner served at the lodge and have an overnight rest.
- Meal plan: breakfast, packed lunch and dinner
- Accommodation: Mikeno luxury lodge
Day 5: Hike Mount Nyiragongo (Ascend)
- Mount Nyiragongo hike: Enjoy your breakfast at Mikeno Lodge, have your lunchbox packed, and meet your driver to be transferred to Kibati ranger post for a pre-hike briefing where you will be briefed about the dos and don’ts during Nyiragongo hike that sets of 10 am. Ensure that you have hired a porter and you have your backpack well equipped with everything that you require for a night at the summit then set off with other hikers to start ascending with 2 stopovers along the hiker to relax and enjoy the packed lunch. You will arrive at the summit late in the evening and spend a night viewing the boiling lava lake and viewing the beautiful Goma city from above.
- Meal plan: breakfast, lunch and dinner at the summit
- Accommodation: summit of Nyiragongo
Day 6: Descend Nyiragongo and transfer to Kigali for departures.
- Descend back to Kibati and transfer to Kigali: After a sunrise breakfast at the summit of Nyiragongo on day 6 of 6 days Ngila classic package Congo safari, then start the descent together with other hikers back to Kibati ranger post where you will be returned to Goma to cross over into Rwanda for a drive back to Kigali. While inn Kigali you will enjoy your lunch then have a city tour and be dropped off at any destination of your choice.
- Meal plan: Breakfast and lunch
END OF 6 DAYS NGILA CLASSIC PACKAGE CONGO SAFARI
Inclusive in this 6 days Congo safari
- A 4×4 safari vehicle
- An English speaking guide
- Congo tourist Visa
- 3 gorilla trekking permits
- Mount Nyiragongo hiking permit
- Meal s will be as per itinerary
- Enough bottled drinking water
- Nyiragongo backpack
- Ranger fees
- Accommodations as mentioned in Itinerary: 3 nights at Ngila lodge, 1 night at Mikeno lodge and 1 night at the summit of Nyiragongo
Exclusive in this 6 days Congo safari
- International Visa and Air ticket
- Laundry fees
- Porter fees
- Rwanda Visa
- Alcoholic drinks and juices
- Exclusive activities
- Additional accommodation before or after the safari