4 Days Special Congo Gorilla Safari
4 Days Special Congo Gorilla Safari has you experiencing a double Congo gorilla trekking experience. You will get to see not one but two gorilla families, one of the mountain gorillas in Virunga National Park and another of Eastern lowland gorillas in Kahuzi Biega National Park. This 4 Days Special Congo Gorilla safari is best fit for travellers after seeing both mountain gorillas and Eastern lowland gorillas. This safari will help to enlighten you about the differences in these two gorilla species. Book it for a memorable experience in the Congo wild. The safari starts and ends in Kigali Rwanda, but can be customized as per your preferences.
Summary of 4 Days Special Congo Gorilla Safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Virunga National Park
- Day 2: Mountain gorilla trekking in Virunga, Transfer to Bukavu
- Day 3: Lowland gorilla trekking in Kahuzi Biega National Park
- Day 4: Departure
Day 1: Transfer to Virunga National Park
- Transfer to Virunga: On this day 1 of your 4 Days Special Congo Gorilla safari, you will be met by our company driver guide at the airport/hotel/apartment. He will brief you about your safari and thereafter embark on a transfer to Virunga National Park in Congo via Goma. The drive is a remarkable one for you will be rewarded with amazing views of the rolling hills of Rwanda, the scenery with large tea plantations and so much more. lunch will be had en-route at a selected restaurant. Once in the park, proceed to check in at your lodge of stay, relax as you wait for dinner and overnight stay. If you feel up to it, you may enjoy a walk around the lodge, or go for an evening community walk.
- Driving Time: 5 hours
- Meal Plan: Lunch & Dinner
Accommodation: Mikeno Lodge, -Luxury/ Lac Kivu Lodge, -Mid-range/ Ihusi Hotel, -Budget.
Day 2: Mountain gorilla trekking in Virunga, Transfer to Bukavu
- Mountain gorilla trekking: After an early sumptuous breakfast today at the lodge, you will head to the park headquarters for a briefing about gorilla trekking in Virunga and the dos and don’ts. After being placed in groups and allocated a gorilla family to trek, you will embark on a mountain gorilla trekking in Virunga adventure at around 8am. Enjoy the trek and be able to sight other park dwellers like monkeys, birds and butterflies. Once you encounter the gorillas, spend one hour with them as you watch their behaviour and how they do different activities say making nests, feed and more. you may take pictures and record videos if you want to. After, you will leave the gorillas and trek back to the starting point.
- Transfer to Bukavu: After lunch, you will transfer to Bukavu where you will proceed to Kahuzi Biega National Park, the home to the Eastern lowland gorillas in the Congo. Check-in at your lodge of stay, relax as you await dinner and an overnight stay.
- Drive time: 4 hours
- Accommodation: L’Orchids Safari Lodge, -Luxury/ Coco Lodge, -Midrange
Day 3: Lowland gorilla trekking in Kahuzi Biega National Park
- Lowland gorilla trekking in Kahuzi: This 3rd day of your 4 Days Special Congo Gorilla Safari has you waking up to a sumptuous breakfast at the lodge and thereafter proceed to the park headquarters for the start of your lowland gorilla trekking in Kahuzi Biega adventure. It is from the headquarters where you will be briefed about the activity at hand, given rules and guidelines for a successful gorilla trek and then allocated a gorilla family to trek. Eastern lowland gorillas inhabit the lowlands unlike the mountain gorillas that dwell in high altitude places. This makes the eastern lowland gorillas easily accessible, making the trek less strenuous. You are allowed only one hour with the gorillas. Notice if you can, their differences with the mountain gorillas. After, you will return to the lodge where you can spend the rest of the day at leisure. You may decide to read a nice book, listen to music or take a walk around. Dinner and overnight stay at the lodge, as above.
- Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Day 4: Departure
- Departure: On this last day of your 4 Days Special Congo Gorilla safari, you will enjoy a sumptuous breakfast at the lodge and thereafter proceed for departure via Cyangugu border to Kigali. Lunch will be enjoyed en-route. The drive from Kahuzi Biega National Park to Kigali is about 7 hours. You will arrive in time to catch your outbound flight, or be transferred to your hotel/apartment.
End of 4 Days Special Congo Gorilla safari