4 Days Le Petit Virunga Package
4 Days Le Petit Virunga Package is luxury Congo package that includes pickup from Goma, drop-off in Goma, Guided nature walk, gorilla trekking and Nyiragongo volcanoes hiking. The packed also include 2 night’s accommodation at Mikeno lodge one of the best luxury lodges in Virunga national park and a Nyiragongo backpacker. To enjoy this 4 days Le Petit Virunga Package, you has to spend an overnight in Goma a day before the safari. And this package is available for travelers who are in Goma on Monday, Wednesday and Friday since those are the only days when the travelers on Mikeno package are picked up from Goma.
Highlights of 4 days Le Petit Virunga Package
- Day 1: Pickup from Goma to Virunga national park and Guided nature walks
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Virunga national park
- Day 3: Hike Mount Nyiragongo (Ascend)
- Day 4: Descend Nyiragongo and drop-off in Goma
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Pickup from Goma to Virunga national park and Guided nature walks
- Pick up from Goma to Virunga national park: On day 1 of 4 days Le Petit Virunga Package, you will be picked up from Goma by a Convoy after clearing with the at the Rwanda Congo border, visit the Virunga park headquarters for gorilla permit and Nyiragongo permit and finally be transferred to your Mikeno luxury lodge where you will check in , have your lunch served and embark on an evening guided nature walks in a thrilling vegetation cover where there are possibilities of encountering with several species of fauna and flora. The walk may also take you to the waterfall where plenty of water birds are spotted. After the nature walk, you will trail back to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
- Meal plan: lunch and dinner
- Luxury Accommodation at Mikeno lodge
Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Virunga national park
- Gorilla trekking: Breakfast is the first thing to early in the morning on day 2 of 4 days Le Petit Virunga Package. After breakfast, grab your lunchbox, some snacks and drinking water then be driven to the main trail head for gorilla trekking at Bukima where you will be briefed by the rangers about gorilla trekking in Congo, and give you all the guidelines about the safety measures to take while in the forest trekking gorillas in their natural habitat, remember to hire a porter to carry your backpack incase its heavy and uncomfortable to trek with it. Well, after all, you will start the search of gorilla families that are used to humans and this will take you about 30 minutes to 7 hours to spot the gorillas. Remember to keep you’re your camera flashlight off at all the time while in the habitat of gorillas or any other primates. As soon as you spot gorillas, the minimum time you can spend with these primates is just one hour. Take photographs and record some videos of Gorillas while learning more about their manners and habits. After one hour with gorillas, you will trek back slowly to Bukima where you will be picked and driven back to your lodge for a relaxed evening, dinner and overnight.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Luxury Accommodation at Mikeno lodge
Day 3: Hike Mount Nyiragongo (Ascend)
- Hike mount Nyiragongo (Ascend): After breakfast at Mikeno lodge on day 3 of 4 days Le Petit Virunga Package, you will check out of the lodge, pack a lunch box, drinking water and be driven from the lodge to Kibati ranger post where the hike to summit Nyiragongo starts. At Kibati, you will be briefed by rangers about Nyiragongo, the possible things to encounter during the hike, the dos and don’ts and finally by 10:30am, start ascending the most active volcanoes within Virunga massif that last erupted in 2002 leading to destruction of several properties and also lead to death of humans and wildlife. During the hike, lookout for the wildlife that thrilling along the trail in Virunga national park including mammals, birds, and primates. Along the hike, you will stop to enjoy your packed lunch overlooking the neighboring volcanoes. After lunch, proceed the hike up to the summit where you will enjoy your dinner overlooking the glowing lave lake at the top of Mount Nyiragongo. The summit of Nyiragongo also offers a clear view of the neighboring countries of Uganda and Rwanda.
- Meal plan: breakfast, packed lunch, dinner at the summit of Nyiragongo.
- Accommodation at the summit is under a tent though some people prefer camping to have an entire night watching the lake.
Day 4: Descend Nyiragongo and drop-off in Goma
- Descend Nyiragongo: wake up for an early breakfast at the summit of Nyiragongo on day 4 of 4 days Le Petit Virunga Package, then start descending at 6:30am back to Kibati ranger post. Unlike ascending which takes about 6 hours, descending is easier and takes about 2-3 hours to descend back to Kibati. While at Kibati, you will be driven amidst tight security back to Goma and your 4 days Le Petit Virunga Package will be done. From Goma, you may return to Kigali or move on with other activities in case you have other places to visit after your package.
- Meal plan: breakfast at the summit, and enroute lunch
END OF 4 DAYS LE PETIT VIRUNGA PACKAGE
Inclusive in 4 days Congo Safari Package
- Gorilla trekking permit
- Nyiragongo hiking permit
- 2 night accommodation at Mikeno luxury lodge
- Nyiragongo backpack
- Congo visa
Exclusive in 4 days Congo Safari Package
- Extra accommodation
- Optional activities
- Life insurance
- Other expenses of personal nature such as airtime, cigarettes, alcohol, juices, emails etc.