4 Days Congo Gorilla Trekking Safari
4 Days Congo Gorilla Trekking Safari is an amazing Congo gorilla safari that will have you enjoying gorilla trekking in Virunga National Park, visiting two gorilla families. This 4 Days Congo Gorilla Safari has you enjoying double gorilla trekking in the amazingly beautiful and wild Virunga National Park. This safari is best suited for travelers after spending adequate time with Congo gorillas.
Summary of 4 Days Congo Gorilla Trekking Safari
- Day 1: Pick up in Kigali and Transfer to Goma
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Virunga experience
- Day 3: Second gorilla trekking experience in Virunga
- Day 4: Departure and transfer to Kigali
Day 1: Pick up in Kigali and Transfer to Goma
- Pick up in Kigali and Transfer to Goma: On this first day of your 4 Days Congo Gorilla safari, you will be picked up in Kigali, depending on your location, by our driver guide who will share with you a brief of your safari. Thereafter, you will head on to transfer to Goma via the Gisenyi border. Enjoy the rolling hills of Rwanda on this 4-5 hours’ drive, with a lunch stopover and a visit to the oldest King’s palace in Nyanza. You will arrive in the park late afternoon, and proceed to your lodge of stay. Check-in, and relax for the rest of the afternoon. You may opt to do a community tour if you are up to it.
- Dinner and overnight stay at the lodge.
- Drive time: 5 Hours
- Meal Plan: Lunch & Dinner
- Accommodation: Mikeno Lodge, Luxury/ Lac Kivu Lodge, Midrange/ Ihusi Hotel, Budget.
Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Virunga experience
- Gorilla trekking in Virunga: Today, you will wake up early and after breakfast at the lodge, you will proceed to Bukima the park headquarters clad with your packed lunch which you will enjoy in the jungles of Virunga National Park. After being briefed and given guidelines to follow while gorilla trekking, you will embark on the search of the mountain gorillas in the park and get to enjoy a gorilla trekking in Virunga experience. Once you encounter the mountain gorillas, you are allowed only one hour with them. Enjoy their company as they go about their day to day activity of feeding, napping, playing by mostly the juveniles who might play with you too if they are too curious, making nests, grooming each other, among so many other activities. You may take pictures and videos if you want to, just remember not to use a flash camera. Gorilla trekking in Virunga can take anything between 30 minutes to 5 hours or more depending on the location of the gorillas and the terrain. After, you will return to the starting point from where your driver-guide will be waiting to transfer you back to the lodge. Dinner and overnight stay at the lodge as above.
Day 3: Second gorilla trekking experience in Virunga
- Second gorilla trekking experience: After an early breakfast at the lodge, you will head to the park headquarters for your second gorilla trekking experience in Virunga. The process is as above, only that you will have a different gorilla family allocated to you. After trekking, you will be transferred back to the lodge. Dinner and overnight stay at the lodge, as above.
Day 4: Departure and transfer to Kigali
- Departure and transfer to Kigali: On this last day of your 4 Days Congo Gorilla safari, you will wake up to a sumptuous breakfast at the lodge. Enjoy it at leisure, and thereafter proceed to check out for a transfer to Kigali with a lunch en-route. You may choose to have a city to see among others the Kigali Genocide Memorial and craft shops. You will be transferred to the airport just in time to catch your departure flight, or to your hotel/apartment.
End of 4 Days Congo Gorilla Trekking Safari