3 Days Nyiragongo Volcano Hike
3 Days Nyiragongo Volcano Hike safari is a thrilling and adventurous safari that takes you to see the world’s largest lava lake. Mount Nyiragongo is an active stratovolcano that has erupted up to 34 times in the last 100 years. The most recent eruption took place in 2002 and a number of people lost their property and life. Hiking the Nyiragongo to see its wonderfully amazing lava lake is an activity that many travellers do not miss while visiting Virunga National Park in Congo. On this 3 Days Nyiragongo Volcano Hike, you will get to hike the Nyiragongo, gaze at the lava lake, and spend a night at the summit! Additionally, you will have a Kigali city tour as well as a Lake Kivu boat safari where you will get to relax and unwind after a long flight.
Tour Summary of 3 Days Nyiragongo Volcano Hike safari
- Day 1: Arrival, Kigali city tour, Lake Kivu boat safari, Transfer to Goma
- Day 2: Nyiragongo Volcano Hike
- Day 3: Descend the Nyiragongo, Transfer back to Kigali
Day 1: Arrival, Kigali city Tour, Lake Kivu Boat safari, Transfer to Goma
- Upon your arrival at the Kigali International Airport, you will be picked up by our company driver guide and then proceed for a Kigali city tour. This Kigali City tour is a great way to learn of the country’s history and culture. After, you will proceed to Lake Kivu from where you will enjoy a boat safari. Get to visit a number of islands and take numerous photos. After lunch in a selected restaurant at lake Kivu, you proceed for a transfer to Goma. The drive is about 4 hours from Kigali.
- Meal Plan: Lunch and Dinner
- Accommodation: Mikeno Lodge / Bukavu Tented Camp
Day 2: Nyiragongo Volcano Hike
- On this 2nd day of your 3 Days Nyiragongo volcano hike safari, you will enjoy a sumptuous breakfast at the lodge before you proceed to the starting point of the hike. The ranger will brief you about the hike and thereafter, you embark on the Nyiragongo volcano hike.
- The Nyiragongo is a wonder to many that visit it. Its boiling lava lake is the largest in the entire world, sighting it is a memorable experience to many. The Nyiragongo hike starts at 10am and it takes about 6 hours to reach the summit. During the hike, there is a lot to wonder at, from the great views around to the numerous bid species that can be seen. A lunch stopover is made before you reach the summit. Once at the summit, enjoy the wonderful view and gaze at the boiling lava lake below.
- Dinner and overnight stay at the tented camps at the summit.
Day 3: Descend the Nyiragongo, Transfer back to Kigali
- Today, you will wake up very early in the morning and enjoy a breakfast at the summit. Gaze at the lava lake for the last time and then descend the Nyiragongo. The descend is rather fast and it can take about 4 hours only. Once at the foothills of the volcano, meet your driver guide and then proceed for a transfer back to Kigali with a lunch stopover en-route. You will be dropped off at the airport on time for your outbound flight.
End of 3 Days Nyiragongo Volcano Hike safari