2 Days Virunga Gorilla Trekking
2 Days Virunga Gorilla Trekking safari is a very short Congo gorilla safari that will have you spending 2 days and 1 night only, away from your busy schedule. This short Congo gorilla safari is for travelers with very little time to spare but would like to visit the mountain gorillas in the wild Virunga National Park. This 2 Days Virunga Gorilla Trekking safari has travelers enjoying gorilla trekking in Congo, full board accommodation in one of the best lodges and great views during the drive. The 2 Days Virunga Gorilla trekking safari starts and ends in Kigali Rwanda.
Tour Summary of 2 Days Virunga Gorilla Trekking safari
- Day 1: Transfer from Kigali to Bukima in Virunga National Park
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Virunga, Transfer back to Kigali
Day 1: Transfer from Kigali to Bukima in Virunga National Park
- Transfer from Kigali to Bukima in Virunga: On this 1st day of your short 2 Days Virunga Gorilla trekking safari, you will be picked up from the hotel/apartment in Rwanda or Kigali International Airport depending on prior arrangement, by our company driver-guide. You will proceed to transfer from Kigali to Bukima in Virunga National Park. The drive is about 4-5 hours only. You will get to enjoy the beautiful rolling hills of Rwanda as well as the country side. A lunch stop will be made at a selected restaurant in Gisenyi.
- After lunch, you will cross the Goma border to the Congo. Get to enjoy views of Goma town and the locals as you proceed to Virunga National Park. once in the park, proceed to check in at the lodge, relax as you prepare for your gorilla trekking experience the next day.
- Meals: Lunch & Dinner
- Accommodation: Bukima Tented Camp
Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Virunga, Transfer back to Kigali
- Gorilla trekking in Virunga: You will wake up to a mouthwatering breakfast at the lodge early in the morning and thereafter, you will proceed to head to the park headquarters for briefing about what to expect while gorilla trekking in Virunga as well as rules and guidelines for a successful, safe and conservational gorilla trekking experience. After, you will be placed in groups and then allocated a habituated gorilla family to trek. Proceed to the wild jungles of the great Virunga National Park in search of the great apes. During the trek, enjoy sighting various bird species that are abundant in the park as well as plants and animals like forest elephants, bush pigs, primates like vervet monkeys, L’Hoest monkeys, colobus monkeys among others. Once you encounter the gorillas as they rest, feed, bond, groom each other as the juveniles play among other activities you might find them doing, take in the moment and watch these near-human animals. You can take pictures and videos for your records purposes. This Congo primate experience, or Congo gorilla trekking experience takes only 3-4 hours and tourists get to spend only one hour with the primates.
- Transfer back to Kigali: After, trek back to the starting point where you will find your driver-guide waiting for you to proceed on a transfer back to Kigali through Goma. Lunch will be en-route. You will arrive just in time to catch your outbound flight or be transferred to your hotel/apartment.
End of 2 Days Virunga Gorilla Trekking Safari
- Gorilla trekking permit
- Meals and accommodation as per the itinerary
- Ground transportation in 4WD safari vehicle
- Services of an English speaking driver guide
- En-route lunches
- Drinking water in the tour vehicle
- Air tickets and Visas
- Extra activities not included in the itinerary
- Expenses of personal nature say laundry, Telephone, cigarettes, etc.
- Tips and souvenirs